Monday, May 20, 2013

Interview with Lauren Blakely, Author of Trophy Husband





Trophy Husband is now available! I had the privilege of reading the ARC for this book and I loved it! I was lucky enough to get to interview Lauren Blakely about her book.

Welcome, Lauren! Thanks so much for being here with us today and answering my questions! Let's get started!

Please tell us about your book.
Trophy Husband is about falling in love when you’re trying to do the opposite. In the story, McKenna embarks on a quest for a trophy husband because she thinks it’ll help protect her from past hurts, but along the way she meets someone who rocks her world.


What song(s) would be on the soundtrack for your book?
The big, epic romance-y songs like Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis, Sailboat in the Moonlight by Billie Holiday, and I’ve Got You Under my Skin by Frank Sinatra.

If your book was to become a movie, who would you cast as the main characters?
I’m a huge fan of Blake Lively and I think she’d be a great McKenna because of her style and because she can play tough but vulnerable. And Jessie Pavelka would be a fab Chris in my opinion.

Tell us something unique about you (that can’t be found in your author bio).
My favorite snack would be Pringles, chocolate chip cookies and green tea.

Who is your fictional character crush (Movie, TV, Literary)?
Indiana Jones.

How do you connect with readers? Do you really like it when they contact you?
I LOVE hearing from readers whether on Facebook, Twitter or email. I write for readers and it is a joy to hear from them.

How did you choose the cover of your book?
My cover designer found the photo and it was one of those moments where we knew it was perfect. I love the cover!

If someone asked you to recommend a “sexual aid”, what would it be?
I would suggest reading some hot romance! Nothing gets you ready like a great sex scene :)

Writing and editing can sometimes be exhausting. How do you relax?
I’m not a big relaxer, to tell the truth. I’m either operating at zero or sixty. But when I do kick back, it’s usually with an episode of The Mindy Project or Veep and a bowl of popcorn.

If you could offer one piece of advice to a prospective author, what would it be?
If there is anything else you can see yourself doing it, do that. Otherwise, pour your whole heart and soul into your work.

Do you have any future projects in the works?
Yes! I’m currently working on Playing With My Heart, slated for a late summer release, as well as a hot firefighter series.

Would you do what McKenna did to find a husband?
I've been married for 15 years, so probably not! But I understand why she did it, and why many people go to great lengths to find love.


Quick Fire Questions

McDonalds or Burger King?  Neither. I don’t eat meat.
Coke or Pepsi?  Coke.
Book or Kindle?  Both.
Dogs or Cats?  Dogs! But I have cats too.
Favorite dessert?  Chocolate cake.
Favorite book now?  Lover Undercover by Samanthe Beck.

Thank you so much for being with us today and congratulations on the release of Trophy Husband!

Keep up with Lauren Blakely by connecting with her on Facebook and Twitter!

Buy Trophy Husband at the following places!




No comments:

Post a Comment