- Anne Watson comes home from work to find her boyfriend cheating.
- While taking a shower, he explains why he's so unhappy in their relationship, i.e. his excuse for cheating.
- Determined to fix her relationship, she speaks to her four closest friends, all male, for their advice.
- She decides to start running with her best friend, Brian, every morning.
- Each of her friends helps her
with an aspect of trying to re claim her relationship, though no one wants her back with Ryan.
- They show her proof of how much of a dog he really is. It is the breaking straw for her.
- Now determined for revenge, she continues everything that she was doing before, only now it's to mess with her ex's head, not to have him back.
- Throughout the story, she real
izes that she is in love with her best friend, who has been in love with her for five year s.
- As they try to move from friends to lovers, she also learns that her other close friend, Ben, has been harboring feelings for her for years, but won't do anything out of loyalty to Brian.
- When Anne is finally ready to move on with her life and leave her apartment for good, Ryan cannot accept it and attempts to rape her.
- Ben saves her and the book ends with her ex in jail and Anne now living with Brian, her now boyfriend.
- Set up for love triangle between Ben and Brian.
About the Author:
She loves going to NJ diners on the weekend for inspiration, drinks a pot of coffee a day, and loves finding new music to add to her playlist. Autho
r to Just Good Friends and Win ning Back Ryan.
Getting Back Annie, Office Perks, and Sirens and Sweethearts are soon to be released.