Monday, July 22, 2013

Review-Scent of a White Rose Book Blogger Fair!!


Blurb
A vampire's love... 
An innocent's guilt... 
A secret no one could've imagined... 

What if vampires were the good guys and a human girl was the one to fear?

Scent of a White Rose is a paranormal romance that entices with a heroine that isn't quite what she seems, a vampire who's love story is filled with dark surprises, and a vampire clan who's Sire has lost the ability to inflict "the change".

~ ROSE ~
I'm Rose Reynolds. I have recently lost my Mom in a "freak accident".
Now everyone sees me as an innocent girl.... a "white Rose".
But I have a secret that no one can imagine.
I'm not as innocent as everyone thinks...

~ CHRISTIAN ~
I'm Christian and I'm in love with Rose. I also have a secret as old as time.
I'm a vampire.
No, she doesn't know...yet.
But when our new Sire is revealed, I'll petition them to change her.
Because truly, I can't live without her...

My Review

I have the honor of reviewing Scent of a White Rose by Tish Thawer for this year's Blogger Book Fair. This is my first experience with Tish's books. Scent of a White Rose is the first in The Rose Series, a trilogy about Rose and her vampire boyfriend, Christian, and the secret neither one knows. This story is told from multiple points of view, allowing us to experience it from most of the character's perspectives. I found myself pulled in by the story of Rose's life, from her mother's mysterious death to her father's over-protectiveness. As the book progresses, we learn what Rose really knows and how she knows it. I don't like to give spoilers in reviews, so I am going to stay that I am intrigued by this author's style of writing. It's not easy to write so many points of view and make them mesh together, but she does it rather well. I hope to be able to read the rest of the books in this series and see how things turn out! 4 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment