Monday, June 10, 2013

Review-Pieces of You by Cassia Leo

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me," he whispers in my ear, "I'll break all the rules to keep you."

I never understood what a "book hangover" was until recently and this is the second time I have had one! I enjoyed Relentless very much and went right into Pieces of You but now I think I'm going to have to rest from reading! Pieces of You is a punch in the gut followed by a kick in the emotional ass! I cried, and cried, and laughed and cried again! I absolutely LOVE Claire. I love her because of her strength, her heart, her career aspirations (I'm a social worker) and I love her because she loves two men and can't figure out what she needs to do to make herself happy. There are many questions as to whether or not you are "Team Chris" or "Team Adam" but I am "Team Claire"! Her vulnerability speaks to me on a very deep level. She continues to persevere even when she just wants to give up. I know that feeling! The ending of this book leaves you shaking your head with your mouth hanging open (I won't spoil it). It took me 30 minutes just to figure out what to write here! To say that I would recommend this book is an understatement, but I might caution you that you should wait until the next book is available because waiting for it just may kill me! 4.5 out of 5!


No comments:

Post a Comment