Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review--Ghostwriter by Lissa Bryan


Ghostwriter is a story about Sara, an unemployed journalist, who finds her way to an isolated island home. While living in this house, she finds out that her idol author used to live there. Through a series of events, she is able to interact with the ghost of her idol author. Sara moved to the island to start over after breaking up with her boyfriend and to escape the modern technology of cell phones and internet, thereby cutting off her emotionally abusive mother.

I found the first half of the book to be rather slow. I kept waiting to meet the ghost, but it seemed to take forever to happen. I found the several letters that were typed in the book to be tedious and I kept thinking that I was going to meet Seth soon. This felt like somewhat like a historical romance, but only part of the book. There are a lot of details setting up the story, but it seemed tedious.

The second half of the book was what I was waiting for. The connection between Seth and Sara was magical. I was captivated by their relationship and how it developed. It was heartening to see at the end that she was the one who saved him.
Overall, this is a good book. I just wish we could have met Seth earlier in the story. 3.5 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment